1.Software developer`s activity is specific according to some factors that identify his activity satisfaction level.
2.In real life there are 3 reasons why a developer might leave the project: poor management, dissatisfaction with salary and dull tasks (priorities can differ according to the situation). One of the main factors that identify the satisfaction level of software developer and the quality of his work is the task he gets and as a result - his relation to that task.
3.HR-process is to include and to pay special attention at the tasks for developers according to their expectations. It is crucial to mention the correspondence between him and his task.
4.Developer`s tasks can be divided into the following groups according to some criteria:
- self-dependence while implementing the task (to work with small prepared task or to make architecture and decomposition)
- application domain according to the functional part of the system (GUI, data base. etc)
- communication with the customer (direct or indirect communication)
- level of "routine" activity (monotonous task or support, start ups, research or innovations)
5.Such description allows to create small questionnaires that can be used in practice to understand developer`s likes and dislikes of task
6.This problem is especially difficult while working with outsourcing business model.
7.Thus the HR-process in such business includes customer`s expectation`s management as well. The customer is to be ready for the lower motivation and activity satisfaction in case the task is monotonous and uninteresting
8.To sum it up the higher level of developer’s satisfaction can be reached by:
- understanding his requests to the task
- regularly monitoring his task satisfaction (but it is important to understand that there are no interesting tasks to all developers)
- regular rotation
- proactive relations with customers and discussion of tasks